Thursday, October 22, 2015

Outbox, Dewey's, Mini-Reviews

What I'm Actually Reading:

The Hunted by Matt de la Pena: The Living was a top pick for me last year. I read it for Mission: Teen Book Festival 2015. The Hunted is the sequel and I can't wait to see what's going on after the fall of California... #noSpoilers!

Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach: I'm reading this to satisfy the Microhistory category of the Book Riot Read Harder challenge. It's about exactly what the title makes it sound like it's about. 

What Goodreads THINKS I'm Reading: I did start this book, so I added it to my Currently- Reading shelf. But I've sense gotten distracted by other books and other things. I need to decide if I really intend to read it now-ish or if I can just give it back to the library.

What's I've just Finished Reading
Here's the total list of books I've read since the last Outbox post. Four of these were picks for the Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon

It looks like I didn't rate I am Princess X  by Cherie Priest on Goodreads. That was an oversight; I really liked the book. It's about a pair of best friends, one of whole is presumably killed and the other who is obsessed with the idea that her friend may well be alive. It was just suspenseful enough to keep you guessing. This is an excellent example of incorporating graphic novel elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment