Friday, October 16, 2015

Dewey's 24 Hour #Readathon: Prep and Fret

I’ve decided to participate in the Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon tomorrow! They’ve just hit the 1600 registered readers mark so it’s kind of a big deal. The name is pretty self- explanatory. The hardcore idea is to read for 24 hours, foregoing naps and long breaks, though I think most people modify that to be a bit more doable in real life. I’m still trying to figure out what my actual goal should be: number of books, number of pages, number of total hours!? These are tough decisions!!


I have a few hours reserved tomorrow to spend with my daughters, shopping for my 18-year-old’s trip out of state next week but I’ll have an audiobook at the ready for free moments when I’m given the gift of waiting (e.g., while they’re in the dressing room, etc).
When I get home today, I fully intend to fret over which books will be included in the #readathon pile. Library books, owned books, long-awaited books!? Seriously, I’m not sure I can handle this pressure!
All over the world, the readathon starts at the same time, it’s 8am Eastern Standard time, so I will be up bright and early to get my #readathon on! I will be updating progress here on the blog after each book and more frequently on Twitter (@BookedUpBoss) .  Come cheer me and thousands of my closest friends on using the hashtag #readathon.

For possible inclusion: The November #blerdBookClub pick and a book that's been on my #TBR list far too long: 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment