Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Obsession Manifest: My new Little Free Library!!!

Sorry if I geek a little hard on this post!
I am so excited that my Little Free Library is finally finished and installed. I'm going to add the Take a Book, Leave a Book motto on the front of the door, and I just got my official little plaque from the organization in the mail yesterday (how the heck am I going to put it on there!?)

Not know what at LFL is? Here’s part of the description from their website:  "A Little Free Library is a “take a book, return a book” free book exchange. Little Free Library book exchanges have a unique, personal touch and there is an understanding that real people are sharing their favorite books with their community. These aren’t just any old books… The Library itself is a piece of neighborhood art." On the LFL webpage you can see the little libraries that are registered near you. When I first went to the page, I noticed that there weren't many on our side of town (West SY-DE!!). And you gotta be the change, right?

I was able to connect with someone who had built one for their yard, really by coincidence of a recent common acquaintance, who agreed to build one for me! I’ve been collecting books through donations and purchases from a local book shop, The Book Centre, and the Ogden Farmer's library. As an aside about the Book Centre, when you go in there, you need time!

I looked up Little Libraries to get ideas for decorations and got my daughter to help. I think it turned out GREAT!!! Hopefully, the neighbors think so, too! 

1 comment:

  1. OMG it is SO CUTE!!!! I didn't realize the Little Free Library had taken off so much. :D

    ReplyDelete