Tuesday, May 5, 2015

10 Days, 10 Books: Bring It On! (TBF is COMING!)

One of my favorite events of the year is the Rochester Teen Book Festival (@TBFLive). Yes, it has the word Teen in it. No, I am not one... moving right along, sassy pants.

TBF is a day long event, hosted on a University Campus. There are books for sale (Barnes and Noble is a sponser), authors who do panels/ talks and sign autographs, vendors, prizes, an author parade, and of course, food trucks. Shout out to Le Petit Poutine (@lepetitpoutine), Macarollin’ (@Macarollin), Smoothies Plus and Tom Wahl’s (@TomWahls) for doing themselves a favor and coming out to this thing!

There are 30 authors, which brings me to the point of this post. I challenged myself to read at least one book by each author. There are 10 days left! And I have 10 authors left to read!! So basically, all other reading is ON HOLD until May 16th. There is only TBF!! The problem with this, of course, is the 23 non- TBF books I have checked out from the library. 

Some of them are old treasured favorites: @NealShusterman, @CindaChima
Some are major famous: @sarahdessen, @ellenhopkinslit, and @gayleforman
And some are new favorites of mine: @heatherbrewer, @AS_King, @mattdelapena and local authoric (is that word) hero @BenoitTheWriter...

Go here to see the whole list of AWESOME authors... I can personally attest to the awesomeness of all but 10 authors!!

This year will be my 3rd or 4th year working as a volunteer at the event. It's the second year that I have been paired with an author. This year, I'm with James Howe... in case you don't know him, here's a hint:

 

Is that too much of a hint? Ah well. I'm not too good at "subtle."

No comments:

Post a Comment