Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Book in Progress: Feed by M.T. Anderson

I'm currently "reading" this via audiobook. One of my favorite authors (@mstiefvater, just follow her, you will not be disappointed) highly recommended it on her Goodreads or somewhere. I can't remember now. Feed is totally like Clueless meets Josie and the Pussycats (The Movie) meets Futurama. Maybe the parts that are like Clueless overlap with parts like Josie. But whatever... I have some suspicions about where it's going to go but M.T. Anderson isn't to be guessed at lightly!

update:
I'm really pretty sad that this doesn't feel more "in the future" to me. I have already begun the mourning process for written language. The slang in this book would probably keep me from "real" reading it. It's a meg system error, Unit.

5/14
Ok... I think I liked sections of this book to different degrees. At the beginning I was like dadada, get to something good and then in the middle of was like dadada I'm glad that this stuff is happening, its meg brag, and then I was all dadada HOLY CRAP what the hell! And then I was like UGH, I can not handle the douchery of that guy but then the girls are ok, I guess...

If you think that language ^ would be awful to slog through, you're going to hate this book. I give it a rounded up from 3.5- 4 stars out of 5.

 
There are real benefits to an audio book for this one. The ads and banners and Mind-chats that are part of the story are given a different sound. And there are times when it really gives you the sensory overload to help understand the lives of the characters. I think it's also easier to follow unfamiliar language aloud compared to by reading, but that might just be me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment