Saturday, May 9, 2015

Taking a break from adulting

It's rare that I get a Saturday with almost nothing scheduled. But I was able to sleep in as long as I wanted today. AMAZING! I definitely get why people love Fridays, now. Weekends are awesome. I'm going to think about maybe having more of them, at least for the summer. Tonight, my daughter and I will be having a mother daughter night out for dinner (KFC, lets not get crazy) and a show at the JCC, Into the Woods! Here's my friend Mandi, who plays Milky White, and the Director on TV!!!!

Of course, on any (Satur)day, I have big reading plans... This is the last weekend before The Rochester Teen Book Festival (There are 6 days and 21 hours left, to be exact) and I am on a mission to read at least one book by each of the participating authors. I've got 6 books left. Today's book is Exile by Kevin Emerson. I thought about reading it while mowing the lawn... but thought better of it.



The cherry tree in the back yard is dropping blossoms like gangbusters. I was pretty excited to see what they would look like in my hair after I was done mowing under the tree... I shall not post a pic for fear of inspiring itching and delousing procedures.

These (below) are what I like to call New York Blue bonnets but a friend of mine calls Grape Hyacinths. I don't know where she gets her ideas from.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment