Friday, September 15, 2017

Clear A Shelf - October 2017

This is the third time I’m doing a month – long challenge to focus on books that I already own.

Here’s the wrap up post from last time, which shows my meager success and includes how the others did, as well. 

I have decided to do it all again for October!

This time I am determined to not check out any additional books from the library through this month in order to be in a good place for the challenge.

I have changed no rules. 
READ THE "RULES"
Qualifying books fall into two categories:

OWNED: Anything you own before October 1st is fair game. The name of the challenge comes from my intention to read a whole shelf’s worth of books.

TBR: Any book already on your established To Be Read (TBR) list as of October 1st regardless of whether you own it or not. You get to decide what "established" means. For me, it would be any book I put on the To Read shelf on Goodreads. But not everyone obsesses over Goodreads like I do. Most people don't, in fact. 

DECLARE YOUR GOAL
Percentages are based on the total number of books you read for August, rather than for the specific number of books, like in lots of other challenges. 

0% - 25 %:  Noble Page
25% - 50%: Knight
51% - 75%: Ruler
76% - 100% Warrior

MAKE A POST/ GET THE STICKER
If you want to join me on this quest, post your goal on twitter, your blog, or wherever you do such things. On Twitter please use the hashtag #ClearAShelf. And here’s the sticker, if you want to declare yourself on posts, etc!

SIGN UP
I have tried SEVERAL times to figure out how to do sign ups and linkies and whatever and let me be honest, I just don’t care enough to make it work. I’m going to post a twitter post. Just Comment/ RT it and I will stalk...er... support you throughout the month to see if you are reading your books.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. I had already made the decision to read the books I owned and lugged across the country before checking out new ones, so perfect timing. I'm in. I think I have only two books on my actual shelf to read and then I can move on to reading stuff on the TBR. Anyway, will double check, obvs.

    ReplyDelete