Thursday, September 28, 2017

What I've Been Reading - September 2017

I have only complete 6 books this month! Mostly because I’ve only done audio-books and haven’t had much time to read through the eyeballs. Check out my post fromyesterday if you don’t believe me! Luckily, I'm ahead of schedule for my book goal for the year. 

Also on the plus side, I did get an opportunity to use my puppet on stage! I'm actually thinking they may need their own instagram or something. Because I think the people need more #CustardThePuppetTroll.
 

Here's what I read, though.
I was a little disappointed in The Mothers but that's because it was highly recommended and picked for my book club. It was well- written and nice to read a "Regular" book with non-white characters. But, in the end it was still just a book about regular people making dumb decisions.

I LOVED to Lunar Chronicles from Meyer. It ended fairly predictably, rather than in Grimm style, which totally suited me and these characters. If I have the time and the memory ability, I will do a series review. LOVED it! Here's some fan art! Graphic links to source. And check out this pinterest board with great fan art from the series: https://www.pinterest.com/katearly73/the-lunar-chronicles-fan-art/


Feral. meh.

I read Where the Red Fern Grows in school. I remember it being one of the few required books that I enjoyed. I enjoyed it again and also cried again. I also really didn't like Billy's father. 

I'm on book 4 of the Heroes of Olympus series. Campers from Camp Half Blood and from the newly-introduced Camp Jupiter have to team up to defeat the Big Bad. I think it would have been better reading it with more space between them. The stories are carrying me through. Mr. Riordan is coming to Rochester soon and I am looking forward to hearing him speak about whatever he is going to speak about.

No comments:

Post a Comment