Friday, December 30, 2016

Must Reads 2016

Last year, in an attempt to avoid having to pick my favorite books from the year for one of the "Best of" things, I created the Must Read shelf. Basically, I don't want to have to pick! Thusly and therefore, throughout the year, I have added books as I read them that I think are really worth reading or recommending for some reason. (Ignore the fact that I came up with categories and best of books for a series of twitter posts. No one asked you to point out my inconsistencies and no one likes a smarty pants.)

For 2015, there were enough books across both YA and non-YA categories for two separate posts. This year, though, most of the books I thought were Must Reads were YA and there were only about 20 in total. I actually may have read mostly YA this year, to be honest. But let's not quibble over facts! What did I say about being a smarty pants!? 

Because I tend to do reviews as often as possible for books that I really like, many of these have full reviews floating around this blog somewhere. Even for those without full review posts, I probably did a related outbox post so feel free to look around if you want to see what I had to say about these gems.

 Without further ado, here are the 2016 Must Reads!!

Like I said, I've reviewed about half of these, maybe. Here are my top fave reviews of them (pictures link to my review):


   

And these are the Must Reads that I read at the end of 2015, so they might have gotten left off of both the lists... but they are totally worth reading!

I have recommended The Rest of Us Just Live here and We Are Called to Rise about a billion times to friends over the last year. (titles link to review)


I also think that at least one of the 2-3 books I will finish in the next few days will make it to the list for next year. Top contender:

Update: I was right.

***********
Go to the Must Reads for 2015:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment