Tuesday, December 1, 2015

#NaBloPoMo is No Mo! (November Recap)

Yay! I made it through my first National Blog Post Month! Wooo hooo! Happy blog posting dance. NaBloPoMo is a challenge to post every day of a given month. You can do it any month, but November tends to be the big one, to coincide with National Novel Writing Month.

Of the 30 days in November, I only failed to post 4 times.... well, technically it was 6 times but I posted twice the next day on both those other times to make up for it. It's MY challenge, I can do whatever I want!! And I blame Book Riot Live and the Unofficial Book Crawl for one of those. I blame two of them on having my uterus taken out. Totally legit reasons. 


I am really glad that I participated. I've been trying to get more involved with my blog and this was a great way to keep it on my radar, to motivate me to post even when I wasn't even really interested in posting, kinda the whole point of making a goal. I'm glad that there were times that I drafted/ started a few posts that I could just review and edit and post when I needed to. 


It also helped me review more books, which is something that I am trying to get better at. It really is a skill and I'm still a little shaky, preferring the short mini review focused on my feelings about the book, rather than describing the book and ANALYZING elements of it. Is anyone interested in my analyzing things? I'm really not, though, sometimes a book with remind me of some other issue or concept or thing and might include some talk about that in my review. (Like when I read It's Kind of a Funny Story) I'm trying to get a handle on my reviewing style which has been pretty inconsistent. But, I guess, what I like about blogging is 1) that I really write it for myself and it can be whatever I want it to be at the time and 2) it gives me a chance to write down a few things about books before I move on to the next one.


No comments:

Post a Comment