Monday, December 28, 2015

My Must Reads of 2015 - YA Edition

Don't miss my post of must read grown up books. I've only separated out Adult and YA books to make the posts easier for me, but my actual Goodreads shelf is not separated. Feel free to check it out. And to be my friend. Does that sound desperate? Whatever. Basically, I've given up on trying to pick my favorite 10 books and am showing you books that I shelved as Must Reads for 2015. I shelve books as must reads as I go along. This whole trying- to- compare- books- across- 12- months thing is nutso! Hats off to all of you who are able to do it well.

Apparently, I didn't do full review posts for many YA novels this year, which is interesting. What was I thinking!? I read some AWESOME YA. Maybe it's because most of my YA reading was at the beginning of the year because of my Rochester Teen Book Festival challenge and I didn't really start blogging/ reviewing until the end of the year. 

Let me see if I can do a few of these justice: 

The Living and The Hunted by Matt de la Pena: This book pair is about a boy who gets caught up in a conspiracy while he's working on a cruise ship. It's fast paced and awesome.

Shadowshaper by Daniel Jose Older: A girl in Brooklyn discovers that folk art and graffiti are the key to connecting with spirits.

The Novice by Taran Matharu: Fun, whirl wind adventure of Harry Potter meets Pokemon. With a sassy elf girl. If you don't like sassy elves, I can't even deal with you, right now. 

Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake: I LOVED this book. Great for fans of the earlier episodes of Supernatural (the TV show). Girl of Nightmares is the sequel. 

The False Prince by Jennifer Neilson: It's about a young orphan who is forced into a sinister political plot. Here's my post from 10/26

Okay, I'm going to stop trying to sum these up because I feel like I'm just creating a hashtag for Describe a Book Plot Badly, or something. 

Posted Reviews of books from this list:

Feed by M.T. Anderson

The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski 

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo 
*******
Related Posts
(links still work even though the pics disappeared)
   

No comments:

Post a Comment