Thursday, July 9, 2015

Books in Progress: Zombies and Douches

Stop me if you've heard this one: I always have two books going. Usually, it's a "regular" book and an audiobook that I listen to in the car rather than morning radio. Does anyone else think that morning radio is from the devil? No? Just me, then? Ok.

I rarely use my Kindle. I really just prefer an actual book. But also, the page split is weird and makes it seem like the books are so much longer. For example, one of the books I'm reading now is 302 pages in real life but 4695 pages as an ebook. It know it's all just psychological and they each have the same number of words, but it's different!! Ok!?

Anyways, here's what's in progress right now:

Everything I Know about Zombies I Learned in Kindergarten by Kevin Wayne Williams. This is the apocalypse story from the voice of a 9-year-old girl Leticia. This books is the #BlerdBookClub book for June. Discussion is on Sunday, and my library system doesn't have it, so I didn't have time to order the paperback in time. I've just started it and it's pretty intense, so far. It just immediately into the action of dead people and body parts.


I am Having So Much Fun Here Without You by Courtney Maum. This is my audiobook. I basically love every audiobook with a foreign accent so it's right up my shallow- ass alley in that regard. This is a story of Richard, a dude who's in love with his mistress who dumps him just as his wife finds out about the affair. The whole thing is really Rich trying to "fall back into love" with a wife who is brilliant, funny, hot, French, successful, and a wonderfully attentive wife and mother. In most parts of the book, Richard comes off as a dick. (heheh, see what I did there?) But really, he's a human trying to figure out himself and how to be less of a douche. I can't wait to get to the end to see what happens with his wife. Because, puh-lease, Richie. You DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment