Monday, January 15, 2018

Bout of Books 21 - Wrap up

Last week was #BoutOfBooks, a week long readathon. My goals were really about completing the challenges and interacting more with other bookigh folks because I don't really need to read more books. So... ya know, in relation to my goals for the readathon, I failed. But. I read a lot. So... if I change my goal ad hoc, then I am right on target!

Here's what I read:
There were several of these that I really enjoyed. The NPR Laughter Therapy audio was a quick group of ads and interviews. It's older and the comedians are not folks who are still really popular. I cracked up at Phyllis Diller! I forgot how much I liked her.


My 3 top recommendations from the list.
YALit recc: The Both Die at the End- two teen boys, feeling life is hopeless for very different reasons, get the call that they will die in the next 24 hours. It’s an emotional roller coaster, y’all. How would you spend your last day?

Adult, kinda: A Taste for Monsters- A young woman gets a job in a hospital to avoid living in the street. She’s assigned to take care of Joseph Merrick, the elephant man. They are visited by the tormented spirits of woman killed by Jack the Ripper.

Honorable mention: Saga- if you like non super hero comics, check out this Romeo and Juliet story of two species who fall in love in the middle of intergalactic war that’s been raging for hundreds of years. Inspired by Star Wars supposedly. But I don’t like Star Wars. So ::shrug::

No comments:

Post a Comment