Thursday, November 3, 2016

October is finally over - Horror-tober Wrap Up and Outbox

I hate the outbox posts that are really recaps for a whole month!! There's little to no motivation to talk about the books earlier in the month. But that’s my own torment after not doing a mid month update. Booooooo to me!

Here's me, again, in my Rocky Horror costume. We remounted the show for Halloween. It was a super fun completely ridiculous hot mess! I didn't see the one that was aired on TV, but I bet this one was better!


Anyway. Dewey's 24 hour Readathon bumped my number a little.

October was Horror-tober so I focused on horror options. Even the non-horror books were amazingly related in their explorations of the terrible things that people do to each other in the name of righteousness. 

Highlights from the month: The Jasper Dent series, Invasion of the Tearling, And The Trees Crept In, and The Enchanted which was a reread for me. I also liked The Healing and the Crane Wife. And I definately like The Heart Goes Last better than The Handmaid's Tale.

Weird shit: We Eat Our Own and Welcome to the Night Vale.

Things to skip: Not Working. I just thought it was boring and the main character was like... bleghghhghhh. 

Reviews from October


I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga. There is also a series review coming up later this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment