Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Clear A Shelf August – Reading Challenge (Sign Up Here!)

I know I’m not the only one. Admit it. You have loads of books sitting around your house but you still mostly read books that you just randomly pick up new at the library, at the book store, or from the Little Free Library near you. And they are mostly completely unrelated to the books on your completely overstuffed and ridiculous TBR shelf. 


So, I’ve decided to take a month and try and "Clear a Shelf." Hence the name of the challenge. Clever, no? I've been thinking about hosting a challenge and viola! So, come along with me. You know your shelves will thank you.

READ THE "RULES"
Qualifying books fall into two categories:

OWNED: Anything you own before August 1st is fair game. You can use this challenge to clear a shelf of books you already own. I am going to try and focus on this category.
TBR: Any book already on your established To Be Read (TBR) list as of August 1st regardless of whether you own it or not.


DECLARE YOUR GOAL
Percentages are based on the total number of books you read for August.


0% - 25 %:  Noble Page
25% - 50%: Knight
51% - 75%: Ruler
76% - 100% Warrior


MAKE A POST/ GET THE STICKER
If you want to join me on this quest, post your goal on twitter, your blog, or wherever you do such things. On Twitter please use the hashtag #ClearAShelf. And check this out. I made a thing! You can use this sticker on your post. It's cute, right!?

SIGN UP 
Sign up using a link to your post in the linky form thingy below. If you use your actual sign- up blog post or tweet, I will pop in every now and then to shout words of encouragement along the way. All Rulers and Warriors at the end of the challenge will be entered into a raffle to win two new- to-you books from my shelves. I haven't figured out those details yet. Obviously, I'm new!


So, the stupid linky thing is no longer working. If you are joining me on this challenge, just drop me a Tweet or an email with the link to your sign up post! Technology is such an awesome and spectacular pain in the butt!!

2 comments:

  1. I try to do stuff like this all the time! This year I've read quite a few backlist books, early 2016 releases, and quite a few books that I've bought from all those BookOutlet hauls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always PLAN to do stuff like this all the time. It's the actually getting it done I have a problem with! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete