Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Where, Oh Where are My Must Read Vibes?

Each year, rather than choosing a “best of” book list, I put things on a “Must Reads” shelf on goodreads. This is an ongoing list of books that I think are really good and worth recommending to EVERYONE I come across. They don’t have to be published in the current year and can be any genre. 

Of the 119 books I've read so far for 2017, I've only marked 8 of them as #mustreads. Last year there were 22. In 2015, there were 20 including YA and non-YA favorites. I feel like maybe ’17 me is being too stingy or bitter or something. I don't feel like I've read fewer good books, in general. Was I more generous in past years? Am I getting less thrilled by the books that I read or am I not picking books that thrill me as often? 

I also think I have been reading more series, which rarely make it onto the list. I should reconsider that!! 

I did post in June about some favorite YALit for this year. (Excuse the lack of pictures. There was a situation.) So, obviously I've read some good stuff!!

Anyway. Stay tuned for how my final 2017 list ends up. What books would be on your must read recommendation list for 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment