Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday - Audiobook-a-palooza!!

September 20: All About Audio freebie --  aka top ten audiobooks you should listen to, 10 books I want to listen to on audio,10 bands you should check out, 10 podcasts you should be listening to, 10 of my all time favorite albums, 10 songs I love, really whatever you can come up with (hosted by Broke and Bookish).

 Audiobooks! I love them, although it took me a while to really understand how awesome they are. (Here’s a post about that.)
I read about a third of the books that I read via audiobook, mostly in the car and on my walks into work from the parking lot. This also justifies my constantly being on the look out for headphones that will become THE ONES.

So, here’s what I did. I went to my audiobook shelf on Goodreads and looked to see which books I gave 5 starts to.

I think the resultant list, which is actually about 22 rather than 10, is a pretty good representation of things I love about Audiobooks:

Accents: How to Build a Girl. This chick cracked me way up. Are US accents considered exotic in other countries? Just curious. 

Authors own voices: The Great American Whatever

Casts: Port Chicago 50

Character Voices: Bunnicula (like being read to as a child by someone who really gets into it!)

It’s hilarious: Better Nate than Ever

Classics in a new light: Robin Hood. I've been rereading childhood classics/ favorites all year. I highly recommend it. 

Makes Memoirs more relatable: Bad Feminist (Furiously Happy is another good example.)

Sounds Effects: Fortunately, The Milk. Alternatlively, I have tried re-reading Lock and Key via the weird audio monstrosity that came out this year. Do not do it. 

I also like that LONG books don’t seem so long: InkHeart (The Justin Cronin Passage series is a great example of this, too. So good but SOOO long. The audiobooks are great.)

Hands-Free sobbing: The Art of Racing in the Rain. I can't even talk about it. 

HAHHAAA! Ten! BOOM!!


***Related Links:***

1 comment:

  1. Love it. And it's a wonder how a long book can seem so short via audio. It's like book magic.

    ReplyDelete