Friday, October 17, 2008

And then there is stuff that was actually written for grownups.

"Grownup" Stuff

Love Walked In: Marisa de los Santos - The surprise hit of the summer. I totally called the ending but I loved every minute of it!

Good Grief: Lolly Winston - I laughed, I cried, I totally dug this book. Who cant relate to a depressive break down in which the main character can't manage to get dressed but feels compelled to go to work anyway.

Always Outnumbered, Always Outgunned: Walter Mosley -I picked this one up recently because it was the library's book of the month club pick. It was really good. An ex-con attempts to change his life and save the life of a young kid he finds killing his chicken. Can't beat a beginning like that.

Survivor, Fight Club, and Lullaby: Chuck Palahniuk - All novels by Chuck are my favorite. They are dark, satirical, and sometimes a little disgusting. Excellent!

Sandman: Neil Gaiman - Yes, this is a graphic novel. A series of graphic novels actually. Dont let the original artwork fool you, the stories are great.

No comments:

Post a Comment